JOB TITLE: Swim Instructor
LOCATION: EV Davidson – Carl Cowan Pool
Emerald Youth Foundation is a Christian, urban youth and community ministry in Knoxville, TN serving over 2,000 young people annually. Emerald Youth’s ministry is implemented through a network of more than 18 churches and faith-based organizations to raise up a large number of urban youth who love Jesus Christ and become effective leaders who help renew their communities.
Provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for participants in Emerald Youth Sports Learn to Swim Program. Assists with curriculum and instruction of classes for elementary and middle school age participants. To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Pay is set at $10/hr with minimal experience; $12/hr with experience
School Year Schedule:
- Available work days are Monday through Friday, 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Available work days are Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Instructs swim lessons in accordance with Emerald Youth Sports Learn to Swim Program Curriculum.
- Develops positive relationships with participants and families, encouraging parent involvement.
- Provides motivational support and guidance to encourage new or inexperienced swimmers.
- Encourages participants to overcome any fears and feel comfortable submersed in water.
- Covers basic water safety skills and instruction.
- Identifies and recruits potential volunteers.
- Maintains required records
- Constant surveillance of pool area to ensure safety.
- Assists with pool and pool area upkeep and cleanliness, i.e., monitoring pool area, organizing equipment, reports damages.
- Trains and supervises volunteers as needed.
- Completes accident and incident reports as needed
- Attends meetings and other general duties required by supervisor.
- Dedicated Christian with clear knowledge of the Gospel and a passion for the mission of Emerald Youth Foundation; connected to a church community; possesses a strong reputation for honesty, integrity, and high moral standards.
- At least 16 years of age.
- Red Cross Certified-Water Safety Instructor preferred.
- CPR, First Aid Certification preferred (will train if needed and sessions are available).