Immediate Openings for Aquatics Examiners
To apply: Please send resumes to Megan.Papp@redcross.org or visit
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. The American Red Cross is a nonprofit organization that offers employees growth and development, team spirit & competitive salaries.
These are part-time, as needed positions. The busy season for our Aquatics Examiner Service program is May 1st through August 31st. Candidates must have at least 3.5 consecutive days of availability each week throughout the busy season.
Aquatics Examiners are a key part of the Aquatics Examiner Service. They are the front-line individuals who visit aquatic facilities across the country and provide direct services to these sites. Their feedback and reports assist management of aquatic facilities in developing procedures that recognize aquatic hazards and outline effective response to aquatic emergencies. The Aquatics Examiner positions involve travel for multiple days both regionally and nationally. There is some flexibility on the location of our Aquatics Examiners as long as they are close to a major airport.
· Associate’s degree required or relevant experience. Prefer BS Degree.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience as a lifeguard.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a lifeguard supervisory role.
· Current certifications: American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor, American Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED.
· 3 years’ experience teaching American Red Cross, or equivalent, Lifeguarding courses: at least 1 within the past year.
· If Aquatic Examiners will evaluate lifeguards at a waterfront or water park, they must have the basic-level certification in the appropriate course.
· Knowledgeable about the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Program and Aquatic Examiner Service, local and state regulations regarding lifeguard operations.
· Have excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to operate video equipment.
· Ability to effectively demonstrate, evaluate and remediate Lifeguarding skills to the American Red Cross standard.
· Ability to travel regionally and nationally up to 100% of the time. Hold a valid driver’s license & reliable transportation.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.