SEASTARS' Mission is to promote and foster the success and growth of children who are economically, physically, and mentally challenged by providing individualized attention as a part of a structured competitive swim team program.
SEASTARS Aquatics is officially a "Make a Splash" Local Partner. The USA Swimming Foundation launched Make a Splash, a national child-focused water safety initiative, in 2007 to educate the public on the importance of learning how to swim.
WHY MAKE A SPLASH?
- Drowning is the 2nd leading cause of childhood accidental death
- Nine people drown each day in the U.S.
- Seven out of ten African-American children cannot swim
- Six out of ten Hispanic children cannot swim
- 42% of Caucasian children cannot swim
- Children from non-swimming households are eight times more likely to be at-risk of drowning
*Research Study reveals 60-70% of African-American and Hispanic kids can't swim.
This group does not have any discussions yet.