About

Donate to Diversity in Aquatics

News

Krystal Lara is one of very few Latinas in her class at Stuyvesant High School, and in the pool. She’s backstroking her way toward the Olympics.

From The New York Times:

Her Parents Thought Swimming Lessons Were a Good Idea

Krystal Lara is one of very few Latinas in her class at Stuyvesant High School, and in the pool. She’s backstroking her way toward the Olympics.…

Former Yale swimmer Siphiwe Baleka

Good video about former Yale swimmer Siphiwe Baleka

http://www.foxsports.com/video?vid=396080195760

As you probably know North Korea recently tested a nuclear weapon underground. The passing of laws worldwide to prevent the testing of nuclear weapons is critical.

Barack Obama, Palm Sunday Speech

On Palm Sunday, 2009, President Obama declared to the world that “today, I state clearly and with conviction America’s commitment to seek the peace and security of a world without nuclear weapons.” This isn’t Obama’s vision alone. It’s the vision of former Cold Warriors like George Shultz and Sam Nunn, of international statesmen like Mikhail Gorbachev and Chuck Hagel, and of President Ronald Reagan.

The treaty that would outlaw nuclear testing and monitor it's verification is called the, "Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty" (CTBT). It would outlaw and monitor nuclear testing underwater, on land, underground, in the air, and in space.

The Aquatic community and NASA are especially concerned about testing underwater and in space (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16heorrfsgY&NR=1). The Committee for Love, Peace, Humanity Divine (CL-PHD) is presently doing research on "Weapons of Mass Destruction in Aquatic Environments" (WMD-AE).

It is vital that this treaty be signed and ratified by the United States and the world. I feel that NASA and the Aquatic Community can make a significant difference with this treaties passing.

What you can do.
Visit the website, http://www.projectfornuclearawareness.org/

Join the Project for Nuclear Awareness
Donate
Volunteer
Meet with your Elected Officials
Call and write Congressional Representatives

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

CHARLES L.LUMPKIN JR. (CL-PHD)
E-Mail Evangelist
Mobile 267-255-6518
E-MAIL clphd@comcast.net

"NUCLEAR DESTRUCTION IS THE #1 THREAT TO OUR PLANET"
The Project for Nuclear Awareness

projectfornuclearawareness@gmail.com

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Charles,
Sounds interesting in that this topic should alarm everyone associated with the water, have a direct or indirect interest in water, and certainly concerns about nuclear weapons of mass destruction. However, on the other hand, we must be realistic and look at how the US will defend itself against its enemies, in the event they do deploy nuclear weapons against us. Don't get me wrong, I am all for protection of our envirornment and human lives, but if we are nuked, we are going to nuke back.{You know we do have a history of retaliating against our enemies} How are we to be successful in nuking, if we do not test these weapons? If we do not know what we are doing, we may as well nuke ourselves, and then the enemy will not have to worry about doing the job themselves. Anyway, you raise an interesting topic, and I am sure alot of people are going to have concerns both ways, and then again, some not even give a hoot at all. Thanx for idea. Darrick
Charles thank you for this. It is important to remember that the water is not just a place for us to get exercise, but also translates into 75% of our World. Environmental issues concerning the water from Glaciers melting at a rapid pace, to reefs being destroyed because of commercial trawling vessels, to the near extinction of several species of marine wildlife have made it abundantly clear that we are not being good stewards of this Earth and need to take immediate action to rescue it. Whether you believe in Global warming or not is not the issue, there are celar signs that things need to change in a hurry for the sake of future generations.
Hey Darrick: Good to see you on top of things. This is from the Global Security Initiative. We have enough weapons to destroy the world many times. If we don't reduce our stockpile, other countries will certainly continue to get them.

Former U.S. Senator Sam Nunn (D-Ga.) said that Iran's nuclear efforts could lead to a major atomic arms race in the Middle East, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Monday (see GSN, Feb. 12).
"The governments of the world must understand what a threat it is if the Iranians get nuclear weapons because there are probably 10 other countries in the Middle East over the next 10 to 20 years that would follow down the road," he said.
Thanks for your concern, Charlie
Charles,
I concur with you and this may sound a bit hideous, but the US and President Obama ought to do what President JFK did in Cuba during the Cuban Missile Crisis, when the Soviets were covertly deploying ballistic missiles in Cuba. Kennedy ordered an air and sea blockade of Cuba, and it put both countries on high alert, believing we were going to have a nuclear war. The crisis ended when Khrushchev decided it was time to go home, because Kennedy and his administration's threats on what we were going to do, if they did not get those missiles out of Cuba. Sometimes in the defense of our country, we must be as staunched as our parents, when they gave us instructions on what to do(like our house chores), and when they arrived home from work, what the consequences we suffered for not doing them. They followed up from their warnings, and you really did not want to repeat those types of consequences. It reminds me of the old adage, "warning comes before destruction". I am also reminded what the Bible says in the Revelations about when and where the beginning of the end of this world will occur; in the Middle East and this world will be destroyed not by water, but by fire. We must be as staunched as our parents by saying what we mean, and mean what we say.
Derric: Good to hear from you. Check the movie "13 Days" for some interesting information on the Cuban Missile crisis.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Jayson Jackson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service