About

Donate to Diversity in Aquatics

News

Krystal Lara is one of very few Latinas in her class at Stuyvesant High School, and in the pool. She’s backstroking her way toward the Olympics.

From The New York Times:

Her Parents Thought Swimming Lessons Were a Good Idea

Krystal Lara is one of very few Latinas in her class at Stuyvesant High School, and in the pool. She’s backstroking her way toward the Olympics.…

Former Yale swimmer Siphiwe Baleka

Good video about former Yale swimmer Siphiwe Baleka

http://www.foxsports.com/video?vid=396080195760

I would like to thank everyone from DAP that supported April Pools Day! You all were awesome! I enjoyed meeting everyone in person finally and hope to see everyone very soon! Thanks again for your support!

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just want to add a note of extreme satifaction which I witnessed and felt during the event of the April Pools days event. This event was simply awesome. The joy and satifaction of seeing our youth in the water and learning to swim brought back so many memories of my own youth. Had it not been for the blessing and dedecation of of people like Shawn Anderson and his organazation I would have never learned how to swim as a child and never reached my dreams, goals and aspirations to become a Master Diver. I am living proof that organazations such as the ones that sponsored this great event do pay out in large dividends. The guest speakers reminded parents of the significance of each and every child learning not only how to swim but to reach a comfort zone in the water. and how important it is for them to be a part of this learning process, we have loss to many of our young to inability of not knowing how to swim. May God continue to bless this organization and please reach out for any assistance that I may be able to provide.
Also as a note of instrest the Nautalis Musuem of Norfolk, VA is currently showing a great exhibt of "The Legacy of Master Diver Carl Breasher". He is an American icon, that will always be remembered for his preserverence, it is great way to spend a quality day with your children, providing them access, knowledge and inter-active learning of a true African-American Hero.
EACH ONE TEACH ONE
V/R
J. L. King
U.S. Navy (Ret)
I too really enjoyed April Pools Day 2008. This was my second year and every year it seems to get bigger and better. Shaun Anderson is to be commended for all he does along with the American Red Cross and their staff. It is a very well organized event. I applaud each and every one that helps to make it a success. Together we can make a difference to show the importance of knowing how to swim and water safety. The aquatic world, I have found is a wonderful place to be a part of. I never knew anything about aquatics until the drowning of my son - but since then I have found out that drowning is preventale - and programs like these are very important I thank God for April Pools Day.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Jayson Jackson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service