About

Donate to Diversity in Aquatics

News

Krystal Lara is one of very few Latinas in her class at Stuyvesant High School, and in the pool. She’s backstroking her way toward the Olympics.

From The New York Times:

Her Parents Thought Swimming Lessons Were a Good Idea

Krystal Lara is one of very few Latinas in her class at Stuyvesant High School, and in the pool. She’s backstroking her way toward the Olympics.…

Former Yale swimmer Siphiwe Baleka

Good video about former Yale swimmer Siphiwe Baleka

http://www.foxsports.com/video?vid=396080195760

Uncategorized (61)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Indonesia

I am on call to fly to Indonesia at anytime now to survey a vessel. Does anyone know anything about Indonesia? I have never been. I am than…

Started by Dennis Burroughs

3 Sep 30, 2010
Reply by Tracie Jones

Here is what the judge says: $50k and the rest

The case from Philly is turning a new chapter. What do you think?   Here ia one link.   http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/home/

Started by Mark Rauterkus

1 Aug 24, 2010
Reply by Dennis Lugemwa

Employment Opportunities

Hey folks with the economy the way it is I figured that its better to be proactive and use this section of the site to assist folks that ma…

Started by Robert L. Weaver

3 Aug 2, 2010
Reply by Jayson Jackson

Camp Ideas

I just authored four different grant proposals to establish some new camps in Pittsburgh, PA, USA. Most of what I put there is online now,…

Started by Mark Rauterkus

2 Jul 22, 2010
Reply by Jayson Jackson

Black children kicked out of a swimming pool in Philadelphia

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/08/pool-boots-kids-who-might_n_228013.html Read the attached article, it is about a summer program t…

Started by Francine Whittington

5 May 26, 2010
Reply by Shaun Anderson

JAX 50

April 10th in Jacksonville, FL, there was a sprint dual challenge called JAX 50. It featured 12 of the world's best swimmers raising money…

Started by Angela Gray

0 Apr 13, 2010

House Resolution 57 Will Save Lives!

HRES 57 EH H. Res. 57 In the House of Representatives, U. S., September 14, 2009. Whereas the success of the United States Olympic swim t…

Started by John Cruzat

2 Mar 23, 2010
Reply by Kenneth Roland

Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty

As you probably know North Korea recently tested a nuclear weapon underground. The passing of laws worldwide to prevent the testing of nucl…

Started by Charles Lumpkin

5 Feb 21, 2010
Reply by Charles Lumpkin

Drowning Statstic for African Americans

I got this email from a student and need help in directing him to a resource. Ccan anyone assist me with this?   My name is Jon Groover and…

Started by Karen

5 Feb 17, 2010
Reply by E. Newton Jackson, Jr.

Pool Controversy in Huntingdon Valley Pa.

From:  Charlie Lumpkin, Member of Diversity in Aquatics Subject:  Your request for my response to the alleged discrimination at a pool in…

Started by Charles Lumpkin

2 Feb 15, 2010
Reply by Darrick Linton

RSS

© 2021   Created by Jayson Jackson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service