About

Donate to Diversity in Aquatics

News

Krystal Lara is one of very few Latinas in her class at Stuyvesant High School, and in the pool. She’s backstroking her way toward the Olympics.

From The New York Times:

Her Parents Thought Swimming Lessons Were a Good Idea

Krystal Lara is one of very few Latinas in her class at Stuyvesant High School, and in the pool. She’s backstroking her way toward the Olympics.…

Former Yale swimmer Siphiwe Baleka

Good video about former Yale swimmer Siphiwe Baleka

http://www.foxsports.com/video?vid=396080195760

Uncategorized (61)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

National Learn to Row Day---Check your local club!

The 10th annual National Learn to Row Day will take place on Saturday, June 4 at a club near YOU!   Most clubs will provide brief rowing le…

Started by Faheemah

0 May 31, 2011

"Best practices" for swim and water safety tests?

Jayson asked me about the swim test I completed a few days ago for my rowing club; this sparked my curiosity about what other aquatics club…

Started by Faheemah

6 May 12, 2011
Reply by Ellen Minzner

Can African Americans Swim Well Enough to Save Themselves?

Culturally speaking, most African American men and women do not swim well enough to save themselves, and for those who can swim, most do no…

Started by ERROL DUPLESSIS

72 May 2, 2011
Reply by Tracey Friley

Wetsuits: The 4-1-1

I recently purchased an Xterra wetsuit and I am all about hearing personal experiences that other people have had with them.  What have the…

Started by Megan Hutchinson

2 Apr 21, 2011
Reply by ERROL DUPLESSIS

Chlorine removal from Black Hair, in particular

Hello All, I'm trying to get to the root, yes, pun intended :), of many people's reluctance to get in the water and go for  floatation and…

Started by Jennifer Brehob

1 Mar 22, 2011
Reply by Angela Gray

Who's seen SwimFin

I know SwimFin can be seen in over 70 countries but I would like to hear from every one who has seen  it, certainly within the us. Please l…

Started by Kev Moseley

0 Mar 17, 2011

Now Casting for Discovery Channel's Newest Show, "The Assailant"

Thought perhaps some of you might be interested in applying or know someone who might be- We are looking for strong, athletic people who th…

Started by lauren.a.castle

0 Feb 4, 2011

Ghanian Slave Ship Diving Opportunity

At a recent launch of a Black Cultural Archives fund raiser I met a fellow named Zagba Oyortey, who is the managing director of Arts Interl…

Started by H.E. Ross

16 Jan 29, 2011
Reply by H.E. Ross

Racism in the pool

It makes sense that black swim teachers are good for black children. The question I have is do black swim teachers have a harder time with…

Started by Angela Gray

4 Dec 23, 2010
Reply by Darrick Linton

Black/Brown Olympians from around the globe.

Maritza Correia could have competed with her native Puerto Rico, or even Guyana, her parents' ancestral home. But she chose to represent th…

Started by Angela Gray

10 Dec 22, 2010
Reply by ERROL DUPLESSIS

RSS

© 2019   Created by Jayson Jackson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service