• Get your tickets here

About

Donate to Diversity in Aquatics

News

Krystal Lara is one of very few Latinas in her class at Stuyvesant High School, and in the pool. She’s backstroking her way toward the Olympics.

From The New York Times:

Her Parents Thought Swimming Lessons Were a Good Idea

Krystal Lara is one of very few Latinas in her class at Stuyvesant High School, and in the pool. She’s backstroking her way toward the Olympics.…

Former Yale swimmer Siphiwe Baleka

Good video about former Yale swimmer Siphiwe Baleka

http://www.foxsports.com/video?vid=396080195760

Uncategorized (61)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Swim lessons

Looking into starting a swim school.  Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated.  Have thoughts about establishing a program for the…

Started by Thomas William Hoff

2 Dec 11, 2011
Reply by Thomas William Hoff

Are you aware of any pool(s) that could be in danger of closing due to budget cuts?

The NEXT STEP–SAVING POOLS & HELPING POOL BUDGETSAre you dealing with the possibility of your pool hours being cut back or even your po…

Started by Sue Nelson

3 Nov 22, 2011
Reply by Thaddeus Gamory

Swim Lessons

I am trying to find funding to support a minority swim lesson program.  The participating school is a private parochial school that has 100…

Started by John

0 Oct 17, 2011

Aquatic Related Employment

I'd like to invite you to visit our newly launched site www.aquaticjobsnetwork.com!  Aquatic Jobs Network is a job portal designed specific…

Started by Ali Terry

0 Oct 5, 2011

Feeling Included

DAP Friends ,America Rows help young people who are under represented in the sport of rowing feel included.  A 16 year old answered this qu…

Started by Richard Butler

0 Sep 18, 2011

Rowing races are won or lost in seconds.

Friends of DAP, USRowing is in a video challenge hosted by Team USA. Our diversity initiative America Rows submitted a video and is a final…

Started by Richard Butler

0 Sep 17, 2011

What do you do when good things come to an end (temporarily)?

The past week has been full of bittersweet moments. Amid the excitement of the impending "head race" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_rac

Started by Faheemah

0 Sep 16, 2011

Getting More Adults to Swim

Hello Diversity in Aquatics,  I love your program and the work you're doing. I am a new adult swimmer (learned last year at the age of 40).…

Started by Larissa Rodriguez

1 Sep 4, 2011
Reply by ERROL DUPLESSIS

Learning from the Aussies

Over the last three weeks I have been in sunny and friendly Perth, Australia visiting my girlfriend. While here I have taken advantage of t…

Started by Naji

9 Jun 18, 2011
Reply by Kofi Anku

Cooperation plan for water polo players to join a swim team

In Pittsburgh, we have a local swim team called the Kingsley Stingrays. The team sends about 10 kids to USA Swim Meets any given month. At…

Started by Mark Rauterkus

5 May 31, 2011
Reply by Mark M. Lewis

RSS

© 2019   Created by Jayson Jackson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service